|Born||1963 (age 59–60)|
|Occupation(s)||Video game director, graphic designer, planner|
|Employer||Nintendo (since 1988)|
Shigefumi Hino (日野 重文 Hino Shigefumi, born 1963) is a Japanese graphics designer, game director and planner from Nintendo. He is the creator of Yoshi from the Yoshi franchise. Hino later served as the director of the Pikmin series, alongside Masamichi Abe.
Shigefumi Hino joined Nintendo in 1989, where his first project was designing a sequel to Famicom Grand Prix: F1 Race, which was ultimately unreleased. His first released product was Super Mario World in 1990, where he created the game's pixel art, as well as the character Yoshi, based on a rough sketch by Takashi Tezuka. Afterwards, Hino had the idea for a game with Yoshi as the main character, which would become Yoshi's Island. He chose a hand-drawn visual style to differentiate it from Rare's Donkey Kong Country, a game that notably used pre-rendered 3D graphics.
|1990||Super Mario World||Character designer|
|1993||The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening|
|1995||Yoshi's Island||Director, character designer|
|1996||Super Mario 64||CG illustrator|
|Tetris Attack||Design adviser|
|Mario Kart 64||CG character designer|
|1997||Game & Watch Gallery 2||Design adviser|
|Yoshi's Story||CG designer|
|1998||Pocket Monsters Stadium||Effects designer|
|Mario Party||Design support|
|1999||Game & Watch Gallery 3||Design adviser|
|Pokémon Stadium||2D CG designer|
|2006||New Super Mario Bros.||Demo scene director|
|2007||Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree||Sub-director|
|2009||New Super Mario Bros. Wii||Planning|
|2015||Super Mario Maker||Planning|
|2016||Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS||Game design|
|2019||Super Mario Maker 2|
|2023||Super Mario Bros. Wonder|
- Reyes, Javier (12 April 2019). "7 Facts About Nintendo's Yoshi". Mental Floss.
- Ashcraft, Brian (28 September 2017). "Confirmed: Mario Was Originally Punching Yoshi". Kotaku.
- Arendt, Susan (3 December 2007). "Autographed Pikmin 2 Swag Auctioned for Charity". Wired. Wired News. Retrieved 12 October 2010.
- Sao, Akinori. "Developer Interview, Volume 5". Nintendo. Retrieved 30 April 2021.
- "開発スタッフ インタビュー" (in Japanese). Nintendo. Retrieved 30 April 2021.
- "Super Mario World originally had Yoshi getting punched in the head". Polygon. Retrieved 26 July 2018.
- PALINDROME : La face cachée d'une LAL (Leucémie aiguë lymphoblastique): - le combat d'une famille au quotidien -. 9 March 2018. ISBN 9791026216476.
- Super Mario 64 Instruction Booklet. Nintendo. 1996. p. 24.
- Dewinter, Jennifer (21 May 2015). Shigeru Miyamoto: Super Mario Bros., Donkey Kong, the Legend of Zelda. ISBN 9781628923889.